Tick-borne encephalitis (TBE) is a viral disease that affects the nervous system of varying severity.
The carrier of TBE is the ixodid tick, and infection occurs through a bite, so the most reliable method of prevention is early vaccination.
Vaccination after a bite, as well as the introduction of immunoglobulin’s, are not effective.
Vaccination is subject to all residents of endemic regions and tourists traveling to them, starting from 1 year of age.
Modern vaccines contain an inactivated TBE virus.
A sufficient amount of protective antibodies is formed 2 weeks after the second vaccine.
Rospotrebnadzor in Bashkiria recommends vaccinating against tick-borne encephalitis in early spring. This is necessary so that by the time the activity of insects in the body has time to develop immunity.
Standard TBE vaccination schedule:
- the first vaccine
-Second dose - 1-7 months after the first.
- the third - 9-12 months after the second.
TBE Emergency Vaccination Schedule:
- the first vaccination.
- the second - after 14 days.
- the third - is introduced after 9-12 months
Revaccination is carried out every three years.
TBE vaccines registered in Russia:
- Tick-borne encephalitis vaccine culture purified concentrated inactivated dry (Russia) - for children over 3 years old and adults.
- Kleshch-E-Vak (Russia) - (Tick-borne encephalitis vaccine, cultured, purified, concentrated, inactivated, sorbed)
• for persons aged 16 years and older at a dose of 0.5 ml
• for children from 1 to 16 years at a dose of 0.25 ml.
-FSME-IMMUNE Injection (Austria) - is used in persons over 16 years of age.
- FSME-IMMUNE Junior (Austria) - for children aged 6 months to 16 years.
- Enzepur adult (Germany) - from 12 years old.
- Encepur for children (Germany) - for children from 1 to 11 years old.
- acute diseases
- exacerbation of chronic diseases
-Children allergic to chicken protein
-children with autoimmune diseases.
All vaccines are well tolerated and are interchangeable.
Vaccination against tick-borne encephalitis can be done in medical institutions at the place of residence. For example, residents of the Leninsky district of Ufa can contact the prevention rooms of the polyclinic of the City Hospital No. 9 and polyclinic No. 44. Opening hours from 09.00. to 16.00 It should be noted that it is necessary to complete the entire vaccination course against tick-borne encephalitis 2 weeks before leaving for an unfavorable territory.